Whether you are a seasoned expert at caring for your teeth, or could use all the help you can get, your oral health care requires a daily need of your attention. Although the time per day is minimal, it is still a vital few minutes per day that we must spend to keep our teeth and gums operating at their highest levels without the damaging effects of plaque. In addition, you are only as great as the tools you use, so it is important to not only practice safer and more effective techniques, but to use safe and effective tools to help you.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring your teeth:
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Ridge View Smile Care every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt, please call us at 435-752-1434, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Logan, Utah. Brush twice a day to keep cavities at bay!