What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns are restorations used to completely cover damaged teeth. The crown is designed to encase the tooth to restore its function, health, and appearance. Each dental crown is custom made to match the shape, size, and look of your natural teeth. At Ridge View Smile Care, crowns are often created from tooth-colored materials, such as resin or porcelain, for a natural-looking effect. Dental crowns can also be created from gold or porcelain fused to metal for a durable restoration.
Do I need a dental crown?
Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt, our skilled dentist, may recommend a dental crown in Logan, Utah in order to:
- Restore a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Seal and protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Support a large dental filling when little original tooth structure remains
- Attach a dental bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- Improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
We will ensure that your custom-made crown fits your smile comfortably and aesthetically. To learn more about dental crowns and how we can restore your smile, we welcome you to contact us today. We look forward to improving your smile!