What is a root canal?
Root canal therapy, which is commonly referred to simply as a root canal, is an endodontic treatment. Our knowledgeable dentist may recommend root canal therapy if a tooth is significantly infected or damaged. If decay or injury reaches the center of the tooth, the tooth may become infected. An untreated infected tooth will die and need to be removed. Through root canal therapy, Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt can restore the health of the tooth and avoid the need for extraction.
Do I need a root canal?
You may benefit from a root canal in Logan, Utah if you suffer from the symptoms of tooth infection and injury. Your tooth may be infected if you experience:
- Extreme tooth sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Intense tooth pain, especially when biting and chewing
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the surrounding gums
- A discoloration or darkening of the tooth
During root canal therapy, Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt will remove the infected dental pulp and tooth nerve, then fill the tooth with a special medicated material. To learn more about how root canal therapy at Ridge View Smile Care can improve your oral health, call us today.