If you wait for your smile to heal itself and strengthen your teeth, you are going to be out of luck. Teeth cannot self-repair as our skin can. Instead, materials and treatments must be given to help ensure our teeth can function as required. One such mineral that has known beneficial properties for your teeth is fluoride. Let’s take a look at how fluoride can help you:
– Fluoride works to keep your tooth enamel safe from dental erosion and cavities, which is why it has been added to the public water supply.
– Fluoride supplements can be used as lozenges, pill, tablets, and drops.
– Fluoride products that are deemed safe are those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association.
– Fluoride has only been considered unsafe in very large quantities, so it should be avoided completely with infants.
– Fluoride can often be seen in toothpaste, mouthwash, professional cleanings by your dentist, and in pill form.
– Fluoride is often added to goods as a supplementary oral health treatment, but it is also naturally found in bodies of water on most destinations on earth.
If you would like to schedule a professional fluoride treatment with Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt and the rest of our team at Ridge View Smile Care, simply call our dentist office at 435-752-1434 for an appointment in Logan, Utah. We will help you in any way we can!