Did you know that a toothache is a severe pain or discomfort felt from a tooth that is caused by damage to the nerve endings in the pulp? If you have a toothache, it most likely means that the tooth has been damaged and must be repaired.
Do you know of any terrific toothache tips for the summer? To keep your teeth healthy, look for the following symptoms that are commonly associated with toothaches:
– Toothaches typically include pain and discomfort even after using medications to dull the pain.
– Pain from a toothache generally persists for longer than 24 hours.
– Noticeable swelling in the affected area or in and around your face could be a positive indicator of a toothache.
– If you have suffered from an oral accident, blunt trauma, cavities, infection, tooth loss, unseen oral health damage, and other internal health issues, you could be at an increased risk for toothaches.
– Side effects of toothaches can include fevers, chills, and unexplained facial rashes.
– If toothaches are left untreated, they can lead to other health issues within your body and permanent tooth loss.
Come speak with Ridge View Smile Care to learn which oral health care treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt and our team at our dentist office in Logan, Utah, simply give us a call at 435-752-1434. Thanks for visiting with a smile!