Cancer is the enemy of health, making it essential to watch out for it at all times. The sooner you catch oral cancer, the more successful chances you have of overcoming it. That is why our team is excited to talk to you about the typical warning signs of oral cancer.
Our dentist, Dr. Brandon Schvaneveldt, can give you an oral cancer screening as part of your semi-annual checkup. Additionally, our team at Ridge View Smile Care in Logan, Utah, has provided you a list of a few common signs of oral cancer:
– Sensitivity: If you have strange numbness, tenderness or loss of feeling in your face, mouth or neck, you need to see a dentist right away.
– Inflammation: Swelling or lumps on your lips and gums or anywhere inside your mouth is often a sign something is incorrect.
– Bleeding: Any unexplained bleeding in your mouth or throat is always a hazard sign that should not be ignored.
– Patches: if you see red, white or speckled spots in your mouth, this could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Restrictions: If you find it problematic to chew, talking, swallow foods or drinks or even moving your jaw and tongue, there could be a tumor preventing these things from happening.
If you are in need of an oral cancer screening, please call us today at 435-752-1434 to make an appointment. Our oral health care team is happy to help you with your oral health questions and concerns.